English linguist - contract (one year)
- Linguistics and lexicography
Founded in 1993, Druide informatique produces and markets Antidote, the most complete writing assistance software suite available for English and French, as well as Typing Pal, the renowned typing tutorial application. The company is also the creator of WebElixir, a quality assurance service for websites. In addition to these applications, Druide publishes French-language literature and reference works through its subsidiary, Éditions Druide.
We are seeking a talented, passionate and meticulous individual to join our team of linguists. You will help to create and improve the vast array of language resources contained in our flagship product Antidote, and translate a variety of texts from French to English.
Our large, close-knit team of French and English linguists regularly grapples with complex language-related questions and helps come up with new ways of making our products even better. Our methods are original and innovative, implemented with the help of tools created by Druide and tailored to our needs. We take pride in the satisfaction of the many people who use our cutting edge solutions.
- Help to create and review Antidote’s English language content, including dictionary definitions, synonyms, pronunciations and more
- Write and edit articles dealing with a range of subjects relating to grammar and language
- Translate a variety of texts, including promotional material, customer communications and software interface strings, from French to English
- Test the linguistic features of the dictionary and corrector
- Participate in discussions on a variety of language-related topics with a view to making our products better
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in linguistics, translation or another language-related field
- English mother tongue
- High proficiency in French
- Excellent writing and translation skills
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time
- Ability to meet occasional last-minute demands
- Good computer skills and an ability to learn
- Relevant work experience in lexicography
- Knowledge of translation memory tools
- Knowledge of the JIRA, Confluence and TestRail tools
- Experience working with Agile methods
- Interest in natural language processing
- Remote position during the COVID-19 pandemic, office located in Downtown Montreal, a short walk from the Place des arts metro station.
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary